Housing Inventory: “Severe, Accelerating, Chronic Shortages in Every Market, in Every Price Range”
Published 11 months ago
1. Increased informational efficiency - It's easier than ever to shop for and find homes.
2. Accommodating fiscal policy- Rates spent longer than ever at lower-than-ever levels. Owners who refi'd at these rates have
little incentive to give up their mortgages.
3. Remote Work - Everyone moved to the suburbs!
4. Institutional Investors- Housing has been a fashionable investment on Wall St and these institutional investors account for
a significant amount of demand--especially in the lower price tiers.
5. Restrictive Zoning - Certain metros have rules that prevent higher density housing, thus increasing demand for single family homes.
6. Supply Chain - Land, labor, and material shortages only hurt housing availability further.
7. Rooted Sellers- See number 2 above, but also consider that a starved inventory situation only creates an additional reason
for sellers to stay put.
Need a copy?Download PDF
Lower your interest rate in exchange paying for an upfront fee!
What Is The Housing Market Doing Today? What Do You Need To Know About The Current Recession?
We are getting more rate hikes, Here's what to do...
Would you rather get the lowest rate? OR…Pay the least amount of interest expense?
Published 3 months ago